The Big Brothers Big Sisters team is driven by the opportunity to provide children facing adversity a chance to change their lives for the better, forever. We need people like you that are looking to merge your talents and personal values with your passion to make a difference. Apply now and discover the endless possibilities that result from the mentoring relationships we establish every day.
Enrollment & Match Specialist (Full Time)
- Conduct thorough youth and parent/guardian interviews in the family’s homes throughout Bucks County
- Communicate with additional family service contacts as needed
- Conduct thorough volunteer interviews
- Review references and criminal background checks
- Use professional judgment to determine eligibility and appropriateness for incoming volunteers and youth
- Make quality matches by thoughtfully selecting an assessed volunteer and a compatible youth from the available pool
- Facilitate initial match meetings between the Big, Little, and the Little’s parent/guardian
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- High-level interviewing skills paired with excellent judgment and decision-making
- Ability to use time effectively and focus on detail while being able to juggle tasks and set priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as being able to effectively collaborate with other staff
- Performance-driven mind-set and customer service orientation
- Experience working with both child and adult populations from diverse cultures
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of social services, human resources, volunteer management, or related experience a plus
- Background in interviewing or psychology a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Criminal background checks are part of hiring process
- Flexible daytime, evening, and occasional weekend hours
- Work from our Jamison office with travel throughout Bucks County is required (mileage reimbursement)
- 37.5+ hours per week
- Reports to Enrollment and Match Manager
- Competitive salary and benefits package
Marketing and Events Manager (Full Time)
Purpose of Job:
The Marketing and Events Manager will be an energetic, organized and personable individual with a strong background in marketing and special events management. S/he will be instrumental in achieving BBBSBC’s strategic goals by developing and managing a plan for a year-round campaign of special events, media outreach, and publicity that maximizes opportunities; and promoting the Agency through press/media relations. Manage the organization’s special events (from pre-planning through execution and post-event wrap-up), ensuring that events proceed as planned, that the organization is always shown in the best light possible, and that maximum net income is attained in accordance with budgeted goals.
Major duties and expectations:
- Meet with senior management to develop department annual calendar, ensuring that all planned events (including fundraising events and match activities), marketing and public relations functions are properly scheduled, and assist in defining goals and objectives (fundraising, public awareness, recruitment, etc.) of each activity.
- Create detailed project plans (timelines, tasks, milestones, budgets) for each event and function, ensuring that individual activities necessary for the success of the event are scheduled and accounted for in a timely manner. Coordinate and support the efforts of various event committees.
- Manage all special events planning, including scheduling, obtaining dates, locations, participants, celebrities, prizes, refreshments, materials, supplies, etc., maintaining detailed records on vendors used, quantities, associated costs, etc. and ensuring that maximum income is generated in accordance with budgeted goals.
- Recruit, encourage, and coordinate participation of organization’s staff and outside volunteers to assist with event details as necessary.
- Act as liaison to organization’s corporate sponsors, including maintaining contact with sponsor(s) to obtain information, data, prizes, logos, literature, etc. necessary for corporations to fulfill their requirements, while actively developing and cultivating positive relationships, ensuring that corporations are pleased with the benefits of sponsorships in order to continuously increase and expand sponsorship levels.
- Research organizations to develop and cultivate relationships in order to ensure sponsors for the organization’s various fundraising, marketing, recruitment and awareness events; schedule and attend meetings, social events and speaking engagements to recruit sponsors; create and present proposals outlining sponsorship benefits and ensure that the organization’s goals in regard to sponsorship are attained.
- Attend and manage all details on actual event day(s), ensuring that set-up, event, and clean-up tasks are completed as planned.
- Review and analyze events in regards to original goals and objectives; create summary reports on planned vs. actual participants, sponsors, budget (costs, income), etc.; recommend changes and enhancements to improve event success in regard to organization’s goals.
- Write and edit organization’s publications, including newsletters and Annual Report, including gathering articles, developing and editing proofs, and communicating to organization personnel the need to publicize and promote BBBSBC via these publications.
- Attend events when requested, including speaking engagements to inform organizations regarding the mission of BBBSBC and particularly the need for sponsors and funding; fundraising efforts; parties and outings designed to enhance the relationships of the clients/mentors; special events to recruit clients/mentors, etc.
- Complete administrative duties including coordinating mailings (Annual Appeal, sponsorship, recruitment, etc.), entering donation information into the database; sending out acknowledgment letters and IRS receipts, compile reports on event, marketing and public relations statistics; and complete expense reports.
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills
Bachelor’s degree required. One to three years previous experience in event planning, marketing, public relations or sales is preferred, along with an advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Publisher, Microsoft Access and Salesforce. Knowledge of Classy a plus. 37.5+ hours per week. Must be able to travel throughout Bucks County and be able to work nights and weekends as needed.
We require a cover letter for all positions with a brief summary of why you are interested in joining our agency. Cover letter, resume and any additional documents may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in joining our team? Apply now at email@example.com and discover the endless possibilities that result from the mentoring relationships we establish every day.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County (BBBSBC) is an “equal opportunity employer.” BBBSBC does not discriminate and will take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
BBBSBC is committed in all areas to providing a work environment that is free from harassment. Harassment based upon an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or any other legally protected characteristics will not be tolerated. All employees, including supervisors and other management personnel, are expected and required to abide by this policy. No person will be adversely affected in employment with the employer as a result of bringing complaints of unlawful harassment.