The Big Brothers Big Sisters team is driven by the opportunity to provide children facing adversity a chance to change their lives for the better, forever. We need people like you that are looking to merge your talents and personal values with your passion to make a difference. Apply now and discover the endless possibilities that result from the mentoring relationships we establish every day.
Enrollment & Match Specialist (Full Time)
- Conduct thorough youth and parent/guardian interviews in the family’s homes throughout Bucks County
- Communicate with additional family service contacts as needed
- Conduct thorough volunteer interviews
- Review references and criminal background checks
- Use professional judgment to determine eligibility and appropriateness for incoming volunteers and youth
- Make quality matches by thoughtfully selecting an assessed volunteer and a compatible youth from the available pool
- Facilitate initial match meetings between the Big, Little, and the Little’s parent/guardian
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- High-level interviewing skills paired with excellent judgment and decision-making
- Ability to use time effectively and focus on detail while being able to juggle tasks and set priorities
- Ability to work independently as well as being able to effectively collaborate with other staff
- Performance-driven mind-set and customer service orientation
- Experience working with both child and adult populations from diverse cultures
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years of social services, human resources, volunteer management, or related experience a plus
- Background in interviewing or psychology a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Criminal background checks are part of hiring process
- Flexible daytime, evening, and occasional weekend hours
- Work from our Jamison office with travel throughout Bucks County is required (mileage reimbursement)
- 37.5+ hours per week
- Reports to Enrollment and Match Manager
- Competitive salary and benefits package
We require a cover letter for all positions with a brief summary of why you are interested in joining our agency. Cover letter, resume and any additional documents may be sent to email@example.com.
Interested in joining our team? Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org and discover the endless possibilities that result from the mentoring relationships we establish every day.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bucks County (BBBSBC) is an “equal opportunity employer.” BBBSBC does not discriminate and will take “affirmative action” measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
BBBSBC is committed in all areas to providing a work environment that is free from harassment. Harassment based upon an individual’s sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion or any other legally protected characteristics will not be tolerated. All employees, including supervisors and other management personnel, are expected and required to abide by this policy. No person will be adversely affected in employment with the employer as a result of bringing complaints of unlawful harassment.